Don’t Overdo It In the Garden!
Enjoy the beauty of your garden and reduce the possibility of back pain and or overuse injuries by remembering these safety suggestions:
- Avoid long gardening sessions
- Warm up before gardening with slow, sustained stretches and remember to do basic back stretches during your gardening
- Rotate your tasks to avoid repetitive movements
- Rest frequently and relax in the shade with a drink of water
- Avoid uncomfortable positions
- Bend at the knees and don’t strain when lifting heavy objects. If the object is too heavy for you, ask someone to help you.
It’s important to take care of your self so that you will be able to enjoy the beauty of your garden all season long.