What is DeQuervain’s Tenosynovitis (DQ Syndrome)?
De Quervain’s tenosynovitis is a painful condition affecting the tendons on the thumb side of your wrist. If you have de Quervain’s tenosynovitis, it will probably hurt when you turn your wrist, grasp anything or make a fist.
Although the exact cause of de Quervain’s tenosynovitis isn’t known, any activity that relies on repetitive hand or wrist movement — such as working in the garden, playing golf or racket sports, or lifting your baby — can make it worse.
Symptoms of a DQ Syndrome?
- Fingers feel swollen
- Pain and tingling travel up your forearm to your shoulder
- “Shocks” come and go in your thumb and fingers
- Weakness in hand or wrist
- Harder to make a fist
- Hard time working with small objects such as buttons
- Pain near the base of your thumb
- Swelling near the base of your thumb
- Difficulty moving your thumb and wrist when you’re doing something that involves grasping or pinching
- A “sticking” or “stop-and-go” sensation in your thumb when moving it
Causes of DQ Syndrome
- An injury to the thumb
- Repetitive movements
- Inflammatory conditions like arthritis
DQ Syndrome Solutions in NJ
Here at Performance Rehabilitation, we have many options to treat your DQ Syndrome, including non-surgical and surgical.
DQ Syndrome Non-Surgical Solutions in NJ?
- Regenerative Medicine
- Occupational Therapy
- Epidural Steroid Injection
- Physical Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Cold MLS Laser Therapy
- Instrument assisted soft tissue manipulation (IASTM)
Why Choose Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine?
Whether you are suffering from a recent or chronic (cervical, lumbar or thoracic spine) condition that is adversely affecting your ability to live life under your terms, our Back Pain Specialists can help you today. To have a consultation with one of our doctors, please contact one of our Patiet Care Coordinators at 908-754-1960.