What is a Osteoarthritis of the Knee?
Arthritis is one of the most common causes of knee pain in the aging population. The knee joint is covered in articular cartilage, which is responsible for shock absorption, joint lubrication and reducing friction between bones. Osteoarthritis is a “wear-and-tear” injury to the cartilage that occurs over time. It can be very painful and may result in joint swelling.
Symptoms of a Osteoarthritis of the Knee?
- Knee Stiffness
- Burning Pain
- Pain during Sleep
- Localized Swelling or Warmth during Weather Changes
- Pain Aggravated by Motion
- Loss of Flexibility
- Crunching Sound or Feeling
- Pinching, Tingling, or Numbness
Causes of Osteoarthritis of the Knee?
- The most common cause of osteoarthritis of the knee is slow deterioration of the cartilage surrounding the knee due to age. However, osteoarthritis can be found in younger patients resulting from overuse or overly repetitive movement. For others, osteoarthritis may be hereditary or can result from injury, infection or weight bearing stress on the joint.
Osteoarthritis Knee Solutions in NJ
Here at Performance Rehabilitation, we have many options to treat your osteoarthritis of the knee, including non-surgical and surgical.
Osteoarthritis of the Knee Non-Surgical Solutions in NJ?
- Regenerative Medicine
- Occupational Therapy
- Viscosupplementation Injections
- Epidural Steroid Injection
- Physical Therapy
- Active Release Technique (ART)
- Chiropractic Spinal Manipulation
- Massage Therapy
- Cold MLS Laser Therapy
- Spinal Decompression Therapy
- Facet Injection
- Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA)
Why Choose Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine?
Whether you are suffering from a recent or chronic (cervical, lumbar or thoracic spine) condition that is adversely affecting your ability to live life under your terms, our Back Pain Specialists can help you today. To have a consultation with one of our doctors, please contact one of our Patient Care Coordinators at 908-754-1960.