Your Guide to Begin Living a Pain-Free Life
If you have ever experienced the relentless grip of lower back pain, you know the impact that it can have on your life. The simplest tasks become daunting, and the pursuit of a pain-free life may seem unobtainable. We understand how difficult it may be to find back pain relief. Many people deal with stenosis, sciatica pain, herniated discs, bulging discs, and many other ailments.
Performance offers many solutions for you to get back to doing what you love. We offer some at-home exercises to help relieve your lower back pain:
- Pelvic Tilts: Lie on your back with your knees bent. Tighten your abdominal muscles and push your lower back into the floor, holding for a few seconds before relaxing. Repeat 10 times.
- Bridge Exercise: Lie on your back with your knees bent. Lift your hips off the ground, creating a straight line from your shoulders to your knees. Hold for a few seconds and lower. Repeat 10 times.
- Lower Trunk Rotations: Lie on your back with your knees bent. Outstretch your arms and press them into the floor. Rotate your knees slowly to one side, and hold for 3-5 seconds, then rotate to the opposite side. Repeat 10 times.
- Open Books: Lie on your side with your feet in line with the back of your pelvis, start with both arms extended out in front of you. Inhale and lift your top arm up and over behind your back, following your hand with your eyes. Breathe out as you bring your arm back to start. Repeat 10 times, switch sides, and repeat.
- Clamshells: Lie on your side with your knees bent, rest your forearm on the ground, and lift yourself. Engage your core and glutes, keeping your feet together, lift your upper knee up as high as possible without shifting your hips/pelvis. Lower your knee to return to the start. Repeat 10 times, switch sides, and repeat.
While exercise can be a powerful tool in managing lower back pain, consulting with a healthcare professional is crucial. If you experience any of the following symptoms, reach out to the providers at Performance immediately:
- Severe pain that doesn’t improve.
- Numbness, tingling, or weakness in your legs.
- Pain that radiates down one or both legs.
- Loss of bladder or bowel control.
Thankfully, you are not left to manage your back pain alone. Performance has three convenient locations right here in Somerset County, NJ in Branchburg, Somerset, and Watchung. As well as their surgical center in Bridgewater. Performance offers many options to relieve your lower back pain including physical therapy, epidural steroid injections, regenerative medicine, acupuncture, chiropractic medicine, MLS laser therapy, spinal decompression therapy, and many more.
At Performance, we understand the challenges of dealing with lower back pain. Using our proven team-based approach, we get to the root cause of your pain and get you back to living life free of pain. Don’t let lower back pain limit you any longer. Call to book an appointment today at 908-751-1010.