Our Hip Labral Tear Solutions
What is a Hip Labral Tear?
A hip labral tear is an injury to the labrum, the soft tissue that covers the acetabulum (socket) of the hip. A hip labral tear can be caused by injury, structural problems, or degenerative issues. Symptoms include pain in the hip or stiffness. A hip labral tear can be treated nonsurgically, or with surgery in severe cases.
What are some symptoms of Hip Labral Tear?
- Pain in or around the hip joint, low back or buttock region
- Pain in the groin or front of leg
- Stiffness/pain with movement
- Limping or instability on your feet
- Limited movement of the hip or spine
- Weakness or atrophy in the muscles in the upper leg
What are some treatments for a Shoulder Labral Tear?
- Regenerative Medicine: The stem cell treatment process involves extracting regenerative cells from the patient’s body and then injecting the cells directly into the affected area of the sprained or strained tissue. The cells can transform into the type of cell necessary for healing. The addition of platelet rich plasma (PRP) can increase the effectiveness of the cell repair work by amplifying the activity of the regenerative cells. Stem cell treatment is a safe alternative to surgery since the procedure will only use the stem cells and platelets from the patient’s own body. This means that anybody, regardless of their age, could undergo stem cell treatment.
- Physical Therapy: At Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine, Physical Therapy is fundamentally different than any stand-alone clinics. Both: Physical Therapy Clinic in Watchung and Physical Therapy Clinic in Branchburg have doctorate level physicians that are an integral components in our interdisciplinary team approach to non-surgical orthopedic treatment and is under the direct supervision of a medical physician, who has a specialty in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
- Occupational Therapy: Occupational Therapists commonly treat chronic or acute pain, or problems with coordination, balance, strength, endurance, flexibility, or range of motion. These symptoms can affect your ability to perform basic lifestyle activities or prevent a full return to function.
- Acupuncture: Because Acupuncture influences many different body systems, it is used to help treat all types of diseases and body dysfunction. It can be used for chronic or acute conditions like back pain, neck pain, headaches, sciatica, and tendonitis.
- MLS Laser Therapy: Laser therapy can be used to treat acute conditions and is most effective when it is used as soon as possible following the initial injury. The faster the body’s inflammation is reduced, the sooner the healing process can begin. MLS Laser Therapy can help restore the body to normal function much quicker than other pain relieving interventions.
Why Choose Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine?
Whether you are suffering from a recent or chronic lumbar spine condition that is adversely affecting your ability to live life under your terms, we may be able to help.
To have a consultation with one of our doctors, please contact one of our Patient Care Coordinators at 908-754-1960 or you may contact us online.