What is Shoulder Impingement?
Shoulder impingement syndrome is also called swimmer’s shoulder or thrower’s shoulder. Is a very common injury to the shoulder and may occur with or without tendonitis/bursitis. With this condition, the rotator cuff tendon is irritated as it passes through the subacromial space. It is more common in the active, aging population and presents as difficulty, weakness and pain with overhead activities and reaching behind the back.
Symptoms of Shoulder Impingement?
- Deep or superficial pain in or around the shoulder joint
- Stiffness/pain with movement
- Limited movement of the shoulder
- Grinding and cracking sounds with movement
- Pain radiating from the shoulder to elbow
Causes of Shoulder Impingement
- Shoulder impingement occurs your tendon is torn or swollen, often due to overuse from repetitive activity of the shoulder, injury or from age-related degeneration.
Shoulder Impingement Solutions in NJ
Here at Performance Rehabilitation, we have many options to treat your shoulder impinement, including non-surgical and surgical.
Why Choose Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine?
Whether you are suffering from a recent or chronic (cervical, lumbar or thoracic spine) condition that is adversely affecting your ability to live life under your terms, our Back Pain Specialists can help you today. To have a consultation with one of our doctors, please contact one of our Patiet Care Coordinators at 908-754-1960.