Our Radiculopathy Treatment Solutions
What is Radiculopathy?
Neck and back radiculopathy occurs when there is compression on the nerve roots that exit between each of the vertebrae which travel to different areas into our low back, buttock, and lower extremity. Herniated discs and/or arthritic bone spurs are often responsible for the compression on a nerve. Patients will typically experience severe pain in the low back, buttocks, and legs which often results in numbness and tingling into these areas.
What are some symptoms of Radiculopathy?
- Radiating Pain
- Loss of Strength
- Loss of Motor Control
- Lower Back Pain (Lumbago)
- Emergency Symptoms
What are some treatments for Radiculopathy?
- Regenerative Medicine: The stem cell treatment process involves extracting regenerative cells from the patient’s body and then injecting the cells directly into the affected area of the sprained or strained tissue. The cells can transform into the type of cell necessary for healing. The addition of platelet rich plasma (PRP) can increase the effectiveness of the cell repair work by amplifying the activity of the regenerative cells. Stem cell treatment is a safe alternative to surgery since the procedure will only use the stem cells and platelets from the patient’s own body. This means that anybody, regardless of their age, could undergo stem cell treatment.
- Epidural Steroid Injection: Epidural Steroid Injection is an application of Cortisone, a powerful anti-inflammatory steroid into the area that surrounds the spinal cord and the nerves that extend from it, called the epidural space. The steroid that is injected reduces the inflammation or swelling of the nerves in the epidural space. This may reduce pain, tingling, numbness and other symptoms caused by nerve inflammation or swelling.
- Chiropractic Medicine: Chiropractic management utilizes manual therapy and therapeutic exercise in an effort to diminish pain and inflammation, promote tendon healing, improve strength, enhance flexibility and control functional stresses.
- Spinal Decompression Therapy: The DRX9000 spinal decompression system is a 100% non-invasive treatment that utilizes computer technology to provide a gentle spinal decompressive stretch to a specific injured spinal segment. During treatment, disc pressure drops and there is a diffusion of water, oxygen and nutrients to the injured spinal segment which are necessary for healing.
- Active Release Technology: In ART, the treating physician/therapist will use their hands in a manual technique to identify regions of dysfunctional muscle, ligament or tendon tissue. Once identified, the physician/therapist will apply specifically directed pressure over the affected or related anatomical structures while the patient performs specific body movements.
- Physical Therapy: At Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine, Physical Therapy is fundamentally different than any stand-alone clinics. All of our locations have doctorate level physicians that are an integral components in our interdisciplinary team approach to non-surgical orthopedic treatment and is under the direct supervision of a medical physician, who has a specialty in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
- Acupuncture: Because Acupuncture influences many different body systems, it is used to help treat all types of diseases and body dysfunction. It can be used for chronic or acute conditions like back pain, neck pain, headaches, sciatica, and tendonitis.
- Massage Therapy: Massage Therapy is the hands-on manipulation of the soft tissues of the body which include the muscles, connective tissue (ligaments and tendons) and joints. Widely accepted as part of many physical rehabilitation programs, this therapy can be beneficial in the prevention and treatment of many chronic and acute health problems.
- MLS Laser Therapy: Laser therapy can be used to treat acute conditions and is most effective when it is used as soon as possible following the initial injury. The faster the body’s inflammation is reduced, the sooner the healing process can begin. MLS Laser Therapy can help restore the body to normal function much quicker than other pain relieving interventions.
Why Choose Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine?
Whether you are suffering from a recent or chronic lumbar spine condition that is adversely affecting your ability to live life under your terms, we may be able to help.
To have a consultation with one of our doctors, please contact one of our Patient Care Coordinators at 908-754-1960 or you may contact us online.