What is Neck and Back Radiculopathy?
Neck and back radiculopathy occurs when there is compression on the nerve roots that exit between each of the vertebrae which travel to different areas into our low back, buttock, and lower extremity. Herniated discs and/or arthritic bone spurs are often responsible for the compression on a nerve. Patients will typically experience severe pain in the low back, buttocks, and legs which often results in numbness and tingling into these areas.
Symptoms of Neck and Back Radiculopathy?
- Radiating Pain
- Loss of Strength
- Loss of Motor Control
- Lower Back Pain (Lumbago)
- Emergency Symptoms
Causes of Neck and Back Radiculopathy
- Radiculopathy is commonly caused by the narrowing of the space where nerve roots exit the spine. This narrowing most often results from certain spinal conditions such as stenosis, disc herniation or other conditions.
Areas of Neck and Back Radiculopathy?
- Cervical Degenerative Disc Disease
- Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease
- Thoracic Degenerative Disc Disease
Neck & Back Radiculopathy Solutions in NJ
Here at Performance Rehabilitation, we have many options to treat your Radiculopathy, including non-surgical and surgical.
Why Choose Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine?
Whether you are suffering from a recent or chronic (cervical, lumbar or thoracic spine) condition that is adversely affecting your ability to live life under your terms, our Back Pain Specialists can help you today. To have a consultation with one of our doctors, please contact one of our Patient Care Coordinators at 908-754-1960.