Our Shoulder Bursitis Solutions
What is Shoulder Bursitis?
The human body has dozens of small fluid-filled structures called bursa, which are in close contact with muscles ligaments and tendons. Their primary function is to aid in smooth natural movements. A bursitis is an inflammation of the bursa resulting from overuse of the surrounding muscles, tendons or ligaments. This condition is usually very painful and can restrict normal joint function.
When Should You Seek Shoulder Pain Treatment in NJ?
- Deep or superficial pain in or around the shoulder joint
- Stiffness/pain with movement
- Limited movement of the shoulder
- Grinding and cracking sounds with movement
- Pain radiating from the shoulder to elbow
What are some treatments for Shoulder Bursitis?
- Regenerative Medicine: The stem cell treatment process involves extracting regenerative cells from the patient’s body and then injecting the cells directly into the affected area of the sprained or strained tissue. The cells can transform into the type of cell necessary for healing. The addition of platelet rich plasma (PRP) can increase the effectiveness of the cell repair work by amplifying the activity of the regenerative cells. Stem cell treatment is a safe alternative to surgery since the procedure will only use the stem cells and platelets from the patient’s own body. This means that anybody, regardless of their age, could undergo stem cell treatment.
- Epidural Steroid Injection: Epidural Steroid Injection is an application of Cortisone, a powerful anti-inflammatory steroid into the area that surrounds the spinal cord and the nerves that extend from it, called the epidural space. The steroid that is injected reduces the inflammation or swelling of the nerves in the epidural space. This may reduce pain, tingling, numbness and other symptoms caused by nerve inflammation or swelling.
- Physical Therapy: At Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine, Physical Therapy is fundamentally different than any stand-alone clinics. Both: Physical Therapy Clinic in Watchung and Physical Therapy Clinic in Branchburg have doctorate level physicians that are an integral components in our interdisciplinary team approach to non-surgical orthopedic treatment and is under the direct supervision of a medical physician, who has a specialty in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
- Occupational Therapy: Occupational Therapists commonly treat chronic or acute pain, or problems with coordination, balance, strength, endurance, flexibility, or range of motion. These symptoms can affect your ability to perform basic lifestyle activities or prevent a full return to function.
- Acupuncture: Because Acupuncture influences many different body systems, it is used to help treat all types of diseases and body dysfunction. It can be used for chronic or acute conditions like back pain, neck pain, headaches, sciatica, and tendonitis.
- Massage Therapy: Massage Therapy is the hands-on manipulation of the soft tissues of the body which include the muscles, connective tissue (ligaments and tendons) and joints. Widely accepted as part of many physical rehabilitation programs, this therapy can be beneficial in the prevention and treatment of many chronic and acute health problems.
- MLS Laser Therapy: Laser therapy can be used to treat acute conditions and is most effective when it is used as soon as possible following the initial injury. The faster the body’s inflammation is reduced, the sooner the healing process can begin. MLS Laser Therapy can help restore the body to normal function much quicker than other pain relieving interventions.
- Vasopneumatic Compression Therapy: Game Ready uses ACCEL technology (Active Compression and Cold Exchange Loop) to revolutionize the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries. The ACCEL technology expands on the commonly accepted RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) principles that have guided treatment in the past. Game Ready goes beyond the passive RICE principles to include variable active compression coupled with rapidly circulating cold water.
Why Choose Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine?
Whether you are suffering from a recent or chronic lumbar spine condition that is adversely affecting your ability to live life under your terms, we may be able to help.
To have a consultation with one of our doctors, please contact one of our Patient Care Coordinators at 908-754-1960 or you may contact us online.