What is Shoulder Bursitis?
The human body has dozens of small fluid-filled structures called bursa, which are in close contact with muscles ligaments and tendons. Their primary function is to aid in smooth natural movements. A bursitis is an inflammation of the bursa resulting from overuse of the surrounding muscles, tendons or ligaments. This condition is usually very painful and can restrict normal joint function.
Symptoms of Shoulder Bursitis?
- Deep or superficial pain in or around the shoulder joint
- Stiffness/pain with movement
- Limited movement of the shoulder
- Grinding and cracking sounds with movement
- Pain radiating from the shoulder to elbow
Causes of Shoulder Bursitis
- The most common causes of bursitis are injury or overuse, but in some cases, bursitis can be caused by infection, arthritis, gout, tendonitis, diabetes, and thyroid disease.
Shoulder Bursitis Solutions in NJ
Here at Performance Rehabilitation, we have many options to treat your shoulder bursitis, including non-surgical and surgical.
Why Choose Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine?
Whether you are suffering from a recent or chronic (cervical, lumbar or thoracic spine) condition that is adversely affecting your ability to live life under your terms, our Back Pain Specialists can help you today. To have a consultation with one of our doctors, please contact one of our Patient Care Coordinators at 908-754-1960.