What is Frozen Shoulder (Adhesive Capsulitis)?
Frozen shoulder is a very common condition causing shoulder pain and limited motion of the shoulder in the 40-60 year old age group. It is believed that the condition is caused by an inflammatory reaction to the joint capsule (ligaments that surround the shoulder joint) and the resultant adhesions or scar tissue, which prevent normal movement. The condition is commonly brought on by limited motion of the upper extremity after injury or surgery.
Symptoms of Frozen Shoulder?
- Deep or superficial pain in or around the shoulder joint
- Stiffness/pain with movement
- Limited movement of the shoulder
- Grinding and cracking sounds with movement
- Pain radiating from the shoulder to elbow
Causes of Frozen Shoulder
- Frozen shoulder is the result of joint inflammation or adhesions, commonly caused by long periods of inactivity after an injury, illness or surgery. However, inflammation can also result from conditions such as a hormonal imbalance, diabetes, or even a weakened immune system. In serious cases, range of motion can be severely limited due to the formation of scar tissue.
Frozen Shoulder Solutions in NJ
Here at Performance Rehabilitation, we have many options to treat your frozen shoulder, including non-surgical and surgical.
Frozen Shoulder Non-Surgical Solutions in NJ?
Why Choose Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine?
Whether you are suffering from a recent or chronic (cervical, lumbar or thoracic spine) condition that is adversely affecting your ability to live life under your terms, our Back Pain Specialists can help you today. To have a consultation with one of our doctors, please contact one of our Patient Care Coordinators at 908-754-1960.