Osteoarthritis of the Elbow Solutions
What is Osteoarthritis of the Elbow?
The elbow consists of three bones and 2 joints. The cartilage covering the joint is susceptible to the “wear and tear” of activity and trauma. The resultant breakdown of the cartilage surrounding the joint is termed arthritis, which is also commonly associated with bone spurs. This condition typically affects middle-aged patients that engage in strenuous manual activities or sports, such as weight training, boxing, and rock climbing.
When Should You Seek Elbow Pain Treatment in NJ?
- Pain in or around the elbow joint
- Stiffness/pain with movement
- Weakness in hand or wrist
- Tingling or numbness in forearm and/or fingers
- Limited movement of the elbow
What are some treatments for Osteoarthritis of the Elbow?
- Regenerative Medicine: The stem cell treatment process involves extracting regenerative cells from the patient’s body and then injecting the cells directly into the affected area of the sprained or strained tissue. The cells can transform into the type of cell necessary for healing. The addition of platelet rich plasma (PRP) can increase the effectiveness of the cell repair work by amplifying the activity of the regenerative cells. Stem cell treatment is a safe alternative to surgery since the procedure will only use the stem cells and platelets from the patient’s own body. This means that anybody, regardless of their age, could undergo stem cell treatment.
- Physical Therapy: At the outset of treatment, one of our highly trained physical therapists will perform an initial comprehensive examination and consultation. Their findings and treatment recommendations will be discussed with you, and our medical rehabilitation team, in a shared decision-making model of patient care. This collaboration ensures that patient care is delivered in a controlled, timely manner, resulting in faster recovery and return to normal activities.
- Occupational Therapy: Occupational Therapists commonly treat chronic or acute pain, or problems with coordination, balance, strength, endurance, flexibility, or range of motion. These symptoms can affect your ability to perform basic lifestyle activities or prevent a full return to function.
- Acupuncture: Because Acupuncture influences many different body systems, it is used to help treat all types of diseases and body dysfunction. It can be used for chronic or acute conditions like back pain, neck pain, headaches, sciatica, and tendonitis.
- MLS Laser Therapy: Laser therapy can be used to treat acute conditions and is most effective when it is used as soon as possible following the initial injury. The faster the body’s inflammation is reduced, the sooner the healing process can begin. MLS Laser Therapy can help restore the body to normal function much quicker than other pain relieving interventions.
- Tenex Health TX: Tenex Health TX™ is supported by cutting-edge research developed by the Mayo Clinic to solve chronic, unresponsive tendon pain, which until now was lacking a definitive medical solution. Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine has partnered with Tenex Health TX™ to offer this minimally invasive technology designed to precisely identify, remove and extract damaged tendon tissue.
- Injection Based Pain Management: A cortisone injection into the inflamed tendon may reduce pain and accelerate the rehabilitation process.
Why Choose Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine?
Whether you are suffering from a recent or chronic lumbar spine condition that is adversely affecting your ability to live life under your terms, we may be able to help.
To have a consultation with one of our doctors, please contact one of our Patient Care Coordinators at 908-754-1960 or you may contact us online.