Our Bicep Tendon Tear Solutions
What is a Bicep Tendon Tear?
Biceps tendon tears can be either partial or complete.
Partial tears. These tears damage the soft tissue but do not completely sever the tendon.
Complete tears. A complete tear will detach the tendon completely from its attachment point at the bone.
In most cases, tears of the distal biceps tendon are complete. This means that the entire muscle is detached from the bone and pulled toward the shoulder.
What are some symptoms of a Bicep Tendon Tear?
- Pain in or around the elbow joint
- Stiffness/pain with movement
- Weakness in hand or wrist
- Tingling or numbness in forearm and/or fingers
- Limited movement of the elbow
What are some treatments for a Bicep Tendon Tear?
- Regenerative Medicine: The stem cell treatment process involves extracting regenerative cells from the patient’s body and then injecting the cells directly into the affected area of the sprained or strained tissue. The cells can transform into the type of cell necessary for healing. The addition of platelet rich plasma (PRP) can increase the effectiveness of the cell repair work by amplifying the activity of the regenerative cells. Stem cell treatment is a safe alternative to surgery since the procedure will only use the stem cells and platelets from the patient’s own body. This means that anybody, regardless of their age, could undergo stem cell treatment.
- Injection Based Pain Management: A cortisone injection into the inflamed tendon may reduce pain and accelerate the rehabilitation process.
- Active Release Technology: In ART, the treating physician/therapist will use their hands in a manual technique to identify regions of dysfunctional muscle, ligament or tendon tissue. Once identified, the physician/therapist will apply specifically directed pressure over the affected or related anatomical structures while the patient performs specific body movements.
- Physical Therapy: At Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine, Physical Therapy is fundamentally different than any stand-alone clinics. Both: Physical Therapy Clinic in Watchung and Physical Therapy Clinic in Branchburg have doctorate level physicians that are an integral components in our interdisciplinary team approach to non-surgical orthopedic treatment and is under the direct supervision of a medical physician, who has a specialty in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
- Acupuncture: Because Acupuncture influences many different body systems, it is used to help treat all types of diseases and body dysfunction. It can be used for chronic or acute conditions like back pain, neck pain, headaches, sciatica, and tendonitis.
- Massage Therapy: Massage Therapy is the hands-on manipulation of the soft tissues of the body which include the muscles, connective tissue (ligaments and tendons) and joints. Widely accepted as part of many physical rehabilitation programs, this therapy can be beneficial in the prevention and treatment of many chronic and acute health problems.
- MLS Laser Therapy: Laser therapy can be used to treat acute conditions and is most effective when it is used as soon as possible following the initial injury. The faster the body’s inflammation is reduced, the sooner the healing process can begin. MLS Laser Therapy can help restore the body to normal function much quicker than other pain relieving interventions.
- Vasopneumatic Compression Therapy: Game Ready uses ACCEL technology (Active Compression and Cold Exchange Loop) to revolutionize the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries. The ACCEL technology expands on the commonly accepted RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) principles that have guided treatment in the past. Game Ready goes beyond the passive RICE principles to include variable active compression coupled with rapidly circulating cold water.
- Tenex Health TX: Tenex Health TX™ is supported by cutting-edge research developed by the Mayo Clinic to solve chronic, unresponsive tendon pain, which until now was lacking a definitive medical solution. Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine has partnered with Tenex Health TX™ to offer this minimally invasive technology designed to precisely identify, remove and extract damaged tendon tissue.
Why Choose Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine?
At Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine our highly trained physicians have advanced training in the diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of your elbow condition.
Whether you are suffering from a recent or chronic elbow condition that is adversely affecting your ability to live life under your terms, we may be able to help.
To have a consultation with one of our doctors, please contact one of our Patient Care Coordinators at 908-754-1960 or you may contact us online.