What is Osteoarthritis of the Shoulder?
The shoulder joint consists of two separate joints that are susceptible to osteoarthritis or otherwise known as “wear-and-tear” of the cartilage that covers the joint. These conditions generally occur in patients over 50 years of age and typically have a history of trauma or injury to the shoulder. The patient will commonly complain of limited and painful movements that are typically worse while sleeping.
Symptoms of Osteoarthritis of the Shoulder?
- Deep or superficial pain in or around the shoulder joint
- Stiffness/pain with movement
- Limited movement of the shoulder
- Grinding and cracking sounds with movement
- Pain radiating from the shoulder to elbow
Causes of Osteoarthritis of the Shoulder
- The most common cause of osteoarthritis of the shoulder is slow deterioration of the cartilage surrounding the shoulder due to age. However, osteoarthritis can be found in younger patients resulting from overuse or overly repetitive movement. For others, osteoarthritis may be hereditary or can result from injury or infection.
Osteoarthritis of the Shoulder Solutions in NJ
Here at Performance Rehabilitation, we have many options to treat your arthritis of the shoulder, including non-surgical and surgical.
Osteoarthritis of the Shoulder Non-Surgical Solutions in NJ?
Why Choose Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine?
Whether you are suffering from a recent or chronic (cervical, lumbar or thoracic spine) condition that is adversely affecting your ability to live life under your terms, our Back Pain Specialists can help you today. To have a consultation with one of our doctors, please contact one of our Patient Care Coordinators at 908-754-1960.