What is Illiotibial Band (ITB) Syndrome?
The ITB is a thick band of connective tissue that runs from the outside of the hip to the outside of the knee. Patients commonly present with pain and tightness at the insertion of the ITB on the knee; however, pain can occur anywhere along the course of the ITB. This injury occurs more often in runners and cyclists with poor foot mechanics and/or weak pelvic muscles.
Symptoms of ITB Syndrome?
- Pain in or around the hip joint, low back or buttock region
- Pain in the groin or front of leg
- Stiffness/pain with movement
- Limping or instability on your feet
- Limited movement of the hip or spine
- Weakness or atrophy in the muscles in the upper leg
Causes of ITB Syndrome
- Injury to the hip including falling or bumping
- Overuse of the hip
- Repetitive motions or positions that put pressure on the hip
ITB Syndrome Solutions in NJ
Here at Performance Rehabilitation, we have many options to treat your ITB Syndrome, including non-surgical and surgical.
Book An Appointment with a Hip Pain Specialist Today!
ITB Syndrome Non-Surgical Solutions in NJ?
Why Choose Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine?
Whether you are suffering from a recent or chronic (cervical, lumbar or thoracic spine) condition that is adversely affecting your ability to live life under your terms, our Back Pain Specialists can help you today. To have a consultation with one of our doctors, please contact one of our Patiet Care Coordinators at 908-754-1960.