What is Osteoarthritis of the Neck and Back?
Osteoarthritis or degenerative joint disease (DJD) is the most common form of arthritis that affects the joints in our body. In the lumbar spine DJD will affect the vertebrae, facet joints and intervertebral discs. In between our joints we have a substance known as articular cartilage that aids in protecting our bones. Over time the cartilage will wear away resulting in pain and stiffness in the joints and muscles of the lower back.
Symptoms of Osteoarthritis
- Back or Neck Stiffness
- Lower Back Pain
- Burning Pain
- Pain during Sleep
- Localized Swelling or Warmth during Weather Changes
- Pain Aggravated by Motion
- Loss of Flexibility
- Crunching Sound or Feeling
- Pinching, Tingling, or Numbness
Causes of Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis is caused by the slow deterioration of cartilage surrounding a joint. While the precise cause of this deterioration is unknown, some people are more prone to osteoarthritis, such as individuals who have experienced an injury or trauma to the affected area.
Areas of Osteoarthritis?
- Cervical Osteoarthritis
- Lumbar Osteoarthritis
- Thoracic Osteoarthritis
Neck & Back Osteoarthritis Solutions in NJ
Here at Performance Rehabilitation, we have many options to treat your OA, including non-surgical and surgical.
Osteoarthritis Non-Surgical Solutions in NJ?
Why Choose Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine?
Whether you are suffering from a recent or chronic (cervical, lumbar or thoracic spine) condition that is adversely affecting your ability to live life under your terms, our Back Pain Specialists can help you today. To have a consultation with one of our doctors, please contact one of our Patient Care Coordinators at 908-754-1960.