The Importance of a Second Opinion
At Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine we believe second opinions are an important component to educating and empowering the patient in making well informed medical decisions.
If you find yourself experiencing a complex orthopedic condition and your physician is recommending surgery, it is best to know all of your treatment options. Getting a second opinion could change your diagnosis, your treatment and your lifestyle.
When should I seek a second opinion?
- When you don’t feel like you are being heard.
- When you are not being offered options or feel like they might not be comprehensive.
- When you’re not getting better, despite complying with your doctor’s recommendations.
- When your doctor recommends a serious, but non-emergency surgery. Disappointment with your current treatment results.
- When you are told there is nothing that can be done for your condition.
- When your doctor recommends surgery as the ONLY treatment option.
- When your condition is unresponsive or returns after treatment.
- When the doctor is unable to give you an accurate diagnosis.
Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine recommends seeing one of our non-surgical orthopedic specialist to educate you on the best surgical alternative for your condition.
Our Pledge to You: Honesty and Stewardship
After a comprehensive physical exam and review of medical records, our physicians will tell you whether they believe you ARE or ARE NOT a candidate for non-surgical treatments (including regenerative injection therapy). We will not waste your resources if we think we cannot help you.
For more information please feel free to contact one of our Patient Care Coordinators today at 908-754- 1960 to make an appointment or contact us online.