COVID-19 Reconditioning Care Plan
Virtual Reconditioning Care Plan for those diagnosed with or recovering from COVID-19
While a large majority (approx. 80%) of laboratory confirmed COVID-19 cases have a mild to moderate version of the disease – early in-home rehabilitation interventions are being strongly encouraged for all cases in an attempt to improve the immune system response and achieve a full recovery in a timely fashion.
In an effort to reduce the strain on our hospital system and be a resource to Primary Care Physicians and testing sites, Performance Rehab is offering a comprehensive COVID-19 Reconditioning Care Plan from the comfort of your own home. This plan is a safe, methodical and efficacious strategy aimed to restore and recondition your body while fighting and recovering from a respiratory illness like COVID-19.
Our doctors will address short-term needs including healthy lung function, physical functioning and return to work readiness – as well as immediate needs such as safe mobility, adequate nutrition and sufficient psychological and social support.
Who is this program for?
- Patients diagnosed with, recovering from or presumed to have COVID-19 who either:
- Have symptoms, but do not require hospitalization OR
- Have been discharged from the hospital and/or on home isolation OR
- Have recovered from the virus, but have knowingly or unknowingly experienced diminished function as a result of having the virus.
What are the goals of the program?
- Our goal is to guarantee your safety and optimize your health while fighting and recovering from COVID-19. Together, we will aim to improve:
- Immune system function
- Lung capacity
- Fatigue status
- Physical capacity
- Emotional function & mood status
- Quality of life
What does the care plan consist of?
- Physical Reconditioning including:
- Active Mobilization
- Physical Functioning
- Respiratory Rehabilitation
- Functional Strengthening
- Routine Medical Follow-ups for the control of symptoms and Physician Q&A
- Medical Triaging of pre-existing comorbidities with safe full-cycle management
- Medical Triaging of any new comorbidities following COVID-19 with timely management of psychosocial and cognitive impairments
- Medical Nutrition Guidelines and Supplementation Recommendations to adequately fuel your body while in recovery
What do I do next?
- All you have to do is call our office at 908-756-2424 or click to make an appointment. We’ll take care of the rest and guide you through the process.