What is Performance Rehab is doing in response to the Covid-19 crisis?
Performance remains committed to treating patients during this time, having been deemed an essential service by the state of NJ. We have taken numerous steps very early on to protect our patients and staff, which you can read about below.
In line with our values of Patient Care and Innovation, we have gone to extreme lengths to continue to get patients better, faster without putting them at risk of illness and helping to relieve the influx of patients to area hospitals, whose primary purpose is to treat those requiring life-saving treatments. If you are experiencing back or body pain, please consider the options below so that together, we can help alleviate pressure on our healthcare system.
In further response, Performance Rehab is now offering two innovative treatment options:
- For those in acute pain who require a medical intervention, such as an injection, or those who prefer to come to the office for rehab, we have taken additional measures to protect our staff and patients. In addition to eliminating our waiting rooms (I’ll come back to this), we have designed PTZ’s or Private Treatment Zones within each facility. These PTZ’s are individualized, cordoned off areas for each patient with their own pre-sanitized equipment. The result is a safe space separate from others designed just for you. Additionally, as of March 25th, due to the elimination of our waiting rooms, upon check-in, you will be personally escorted directly to your PTZ for treatment.
- For those who would prefer not to come to the office, we are now offering an exciting one-on-one TeleVisit option for both Medical appointments (referred to as Telemedicine) AND Physical Therapy appointments (referred to as TeleTherapy). Read more about how it works or read our TeleVisit FAQ’s.
To make an appointment for either option or to learn more, please contact one of our Patient Care Coordinators by calling 908-756-2424, Monday-Friday, from 8am-8pm or complete this form.
Coronavirus Memo – Updated March 13, 2020 (Please see previous post from March 10 regarding FAQ’s)
In an ongoing effort to further protect the staff and patients of Performance Rehab, we are continuing to monitor the situation and revise policies and procedures in accordance with the strictest standards possible. This will likely create inconveniences for our staff and patients at times, so we apologize in advance for any inconvenience caused in an effort to prioritize the health and safety of all our stakeholders.
Effective Monday, March 16th, the following additional steps will be taken to what has already been communicated previously on March 10th:
- Patient Engagement
- We are requesting that patients refrain from bringing non-essential visitors with them to the clinic for their appointments.
- We are requesting that all patients practice social distancing (3-6 foot from other patients) and we will be reducing patient volume in the clinic to allow for this.
- All New Patients will be screened by phone prior to being scheduled and all existing patients will be screened at check-in through a series of pertinent questions. Any patients exhibiting symptoms or who have been in contact with another person exhibiting symptoms will be asked to cancel and reschedule appointments.
- Additional measures taken by our providers and staff to protect each patient and themselves:
- Providers already sanitize their hands, tools and workspaces between each patient encounter.
- Gloves may also be used by providers, when applicable, as an added precaution.
- In addition to daily hospital-grade cleaning, the clinics will be closed every day between the hours of 1 and 3 pm for additional intra-day cleaning.
- Pens used by patients at check-in will be sanitized with approved antiseptic agents after every use.
- All surfaces throughout the clinic will be sanitized throughout the day in 30-45 minute increments, including doorknobs, counters, waiting room chairs, surfaces, etc.
- All common reading material will be removed from the waiting room.
- Most doors will remain propped open and lights on to minimize contact with knobs and switches.
Coronavirus Memo – March 10, 2020
What measures are we at Performance Rehabilitation taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
While the vast majority of private medical practices, PT, Chiropractic or Acupuncture offices are unlicensed in the state of NJ (meanging they have no particular oversight with regard to cleanliness), Performance Rehab is a medical facility licensed and regulated by the NJ Dept of Health. As such, our staff is trained in and held to the highest possible standards of healthcare clinical operations and cleanliness, consistent with that of a hospital, even adhering to annual inspections for cleanliness and infectious control. Our team is consistently vigilant in protecting the health of our patients and staff.
Are we following CDC guidelines?
In addition to the standards set by the DOH, we are also encouraging patients to follow ALL CDC guidelines and recommendations with regard to prevention.
What specific measures are we taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- We are sanitizing and disinfecting all objects and surfaces after every use with proper supplies known to kill the virus on contact.
- We provide alcohol-based hand Purell dispensers throughout the clinic for use by patients and providers.
- We are ensuring that all employees sanitize their hands according to CDC guidelines, including before and after contact with patients, after contact with surfaces or equipment, and after removing personal protective equipment.
- Tissues are readily available and all bathroom sinks are well-stocked with soap and paper towels for hand washing.
What level of cleaning is performed at Performance Rehabilitation?
- In addition to our own sanitizing efforts throughout the day in accordance with our normal practices in compliance with the Dept of Health, Performance Rehabilitation continues to employ a hospital-grade cleaning company for daily cleaning of our clinics in order to prevent the spread of germs.
What is our policy for dealing with sick patients or employees?
- We are asking all patients to please follow CDC prevention guidelines. Patients with any symptoms, especially fever or respiratory symptoms, are being advised to stay home.
- All 24 hr cancellation fees are being waived in cases of illness or possible illness.
- We are carefully monitoring the patient population for signs of illness and addressing as needed.
- Employees with any symptoms whatsoever are being instructed to stay home as well.
We will continue to be vigilant in monitoring our local COVID-19 situation, and make changes to protocol and communicate as needed.